We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. We have missed seeing you! Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. We wanted to share with you the measures we have taken to ensure your peace of mind.
At all times, the McCulloch Wilson Dental team follows the strictest infection control guidelines. Universal precautions have been in place for over 30 years. In response to the pandemic, we are also implementing new measures to go above and beyond in protecting our patients, our team, and our community to the best of our ability.
Some of those changes include:
- Installation of two Reme Halo-LED Air Purifiers which proactively treat every cubic inch of air-conditioned space, reducing airborne and surface contaminants and pollutants through bi-polar ionization and uses ultra-violet light to purify surfaces and the air.
- Installation in every treatment room and throughout the facility, Medify Airx HEPA Air Filtration units. These units turn over the air in 100 square feet every 15 minutes, so the air in our treatment rooms will be continuously cleaned before, during and after your appointment.
- Use of additional comfortable intra-oral suction devices, the Releaf and the Isolite, that work with the high-volume suction to reduce aerosol.
In addition, the following procedures have been implemented:
- Our hours of operation will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm by appointment only as we will NOT be able to service walk-ins at this time.
- If you have even mild symptoms of cough, respiratory distress, a temperature at or greater than 99 degrees, loss of taste and/or smell or have been around anyone who has been even mildly sick, please DO NOT COME TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. We ask that you call our office to reschedule your appointment by at least 3 weeks into the future.
- Once you arrive at our office for your appointment, we will check your temperature as you enter our practice. If you are observed to have a cough (even if you feel it is allergies) and/or temperature at or greater than 99 degrees, you will be asked to reschedule.
- We will be scheduling one patient every half hour to reduce the total number of people within the office at any given time. This restriction allows us to stay below the 10-person limit recommended by the CDC and the Texas Governors order.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask the standard screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
Since we will be minimizing the number of people within our office, upon arrival, please do not come directly into the office, but instead, call and we will come to the door to let you in once it is appropriate to do so. We will only be allowing the person with the appointment into the office, so if need be, please make the necessary arrangements prior to scheduling your appointment. If the patient is a minor or someone in need of assistance, the accompanying person will have their temperature taken and will be asked the same screening questions as the patient.
- If you are over 65 years old, immunocompromised, or have a predisposing lung condition like asthma or COPD, you need to exercise extreme caution during this time period. We recommend following the CDC guidelines to reduce your exposure, which may mean waiting for a more opportune time to have a dental exam. If you are in pain, we will schedule you during the hours we are reserving for this special category of our patients.
- We will be requiring you to wear a mask or some type of face covering over your mouth and nose while in our office, and we ask that it remain on until we begin your dental care. We will ask you to replace the mask once we complete your treatment.
- In order to minimize office contamination, we are requiring that limited items be brought into our offices. Allowed items are a cell phone and a wallet per person. We will ask that all additional items, including food, beverage, purse, briefcase, backpack, be left at home or locked in your car trunk to minimize theft potential.
- To keep within the social distancing guidelines while in our office, we ask that you maintain at least 6 feet from other individuals when possible.
We are also strictly following CDC and OSHA guidelines, including team training, and we are adding additional measures that are beyond what is required. This includes but is not limited to:
- All team members will have their temperature taken and recorded twice daily. Team members who exhibit signs of illness will not report to work.
- All team members will be wearing masks at all times and practicing the highest levels of cleanliness and infection control.
- Clinical team members will be wearing enhanced personal protective equipment during all procedures in which aerosols might be produced. This includes an N95 or KN95 mask covered by a surgical mask, eye protection, a face shield, hair covers, a surgical gown, and gloves.
- We will be regularly cleaning and disinfecting counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs. We are cleaning at least every hour using germicidal wipes as an additional precaution.
- Individual treatment rooms are always disinfected after every patient, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment. Our instruments are always sterilized in an autoclave, and any items that can’t be sterilized are disposed of.
We are excited to see you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 281-693-6427.
Katy is our home, and our patients’ health, safety, and well-being are our top priorities at all times, and especially during this unprecedented pandemic. Our support of Katy and surrounding communities continues to grow, because this is our home, because our people matter, and because we care.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.